Notice of Privacy Practices
This notice describes how health information about you (as a patient of this Practice) may be used and disclosed, and how you can get access to your health information. This is required by the Privacy Regulations created as a result of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy:
Our Practice is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your health information. We are required by law to maintain the confidentiality of your health information.
We realize that these laws are complicated, but we must provide you with the following important information.
Use and disclosure of your health information in certain special circumstances:
The following circumstances may require us to use or disclose your health information:
- To public health authorities and health oversight agencies that are authorized by law to collect information.
- Lawsuits and similar proceedings in response to a court or administrative order.
- If required to do so by a law enforcement official.
- When necessary to reduce or prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of another individual or the public. We will only make disclosures to a person or organization able to help prevent the threat.
- If you are a member of U.S. or foreign military forces (including veterans) and if required by the appropriate authorities.
- To federal officials for intelligence and national security activities authorized by law.
- To correctional institutions or law enforcement officials if you are an inmate or under the custody of a law enforcement official.
- For Workers Compensation and similar programs.
Your rights regarding your health information:
Communications – You can request that our Practice communicate with you about your health and related issues in a particular manner or at a certain location. For instance, you may ask that we contact you at home rather than work. We will accommodate all reasonable requests.
You can request a restriction in our use or disclosure of your health information for treatment, payment, or health care operations. Additionally, you have the right to request that we restrict our disclosure of your health information to only certain individuals involved in your care or the payment for your care, such as family members and friends. We are not required to agree to your request; however, if we do agree, we are bound by our agreement except when otherwise required by law, in emergencies, or when the information is necessary to treat you.
Photography, Products and Usage:
All photos are provided by the physician, AAD or the company which provides the product. The photos have been chosen because they represent results achieved with the respective procedure. These photos do not imply a typical result and are provided only to describe the procedure as completely as possible.